In accordance with the Public Records Act, NMSA 1978, Section 14-3-15.1(C), any person requesting a public record from the New Mexico Department of Agriculture in any electronic medium (e.g., spreadsheets, GIS layers, database extracts) or database, agrees:
- Not to make unauthorized copies;
- Not to use the electronic information for any political or commercial purpose unless the purpose and use is approved in writing by the New Mexico Department of Agriculture;
- Not to use the electronic information for solicitation or advertisement when it contains the name, address or telephone number of any person, unless such use is otherwise specifically authorized by law;
- Not to allow access to the electronic information by any other person unless the use is approved in writing by the New Mexico Department of Agriculture; and
- To pay a royalty or other consideration to the state of New Mexico as may be agreed upon by the New Mexico Department of Agriculture.
Except as authorized by law or rule of the State Commission of Public Records, any person who reveals any unauthorized personal information contained in a computer database or who uses or permits the unauthorized use or access to any computer database is guilty of a misdemeanor, and upon conviction, the court shall sentence that person to jail for a definite term not to exceed one year, or a fine not to exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000), or both. That person shall not be employed by the state for a period of five years after the date of conviction. NMSA 1978, § 14-3- 15.1(G).